uk.sci.weather (UK Weather) (uk.sci.weather) For the discussion of daily weather events, chiefly affecting the UK and adjacent parts of Europe, both past and predicted. The discussion is open to all, but contributions on a practical scientific level are encouraged.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old August 11th 18, 04:14 PM posted to uk.sci.weather
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by Weather-Banter: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,448
Default A long time since its been like this

http://www.thewheelhousescilly.co.uk/beachcam

Everybody on Scilly will be in the pub!

Graham
Penzance Spells of quite heavy rain & dizzle - I rather liked the lawn brown.

  #2   Report Post  
Old August 11th 18, 04:43 PM posted to uk.sci.weather
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by Weather-Banter: Jul 2010
Posts: 741
Default A long time since its been like this

On Saturday, 11 August 2018 17:14:50 UTC+1, Graham Easterling wrote:
http://www.thewheelhousescilly.co.uk/beachcam

Everybody on Scilly will be in the pub!

Graham
Penzance Spells of quite heavy rain & dizzle - I rather liked the lawn brown.


It does look grim...

Keith (Southend)
  #3   Report Post  
Old August 11th 18, 06:02 PM posted to uk.sci.weather
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by Weather-Banter: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,448
Default A long time since its been like this

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 5:43:20 PM UTC+1, Keith Harris wrote:
On Saturday, 11 August 2018 17:14:50 UTC+1, Graham Easterling wrote:
http://www.thewheelhousescilly.co.uk/beachcam

Everybody on Scilly will be in the pub!

Graham
Penzance Spells of quite heavy rain & dizzle - I rather liked the lawn brown.


It does look grim...

Keith (Southend)


I would say the worst day of the Summer, it's come as rather a shock. The JUbilee Pool closed die to the weather this afternoon, the first time the weather has caused it to close since it opened in May. I stronglt suspect the Minack Theatre will have it's first weather cancellation of the year. Mind you Scilly desperately needs the rain, and they are certainly getting it. As is Penzance.

It all means the grass will be green for Len.

Graham
Penzance
  #4   Report Post  
Old August 11th 18, 06:04 PM posted to uk.sci.weather
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by Weather-Banter: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,448
Default A long time since its been like this

SNIP
The JUbilee Pool closed die to the weather this afternoon

"due to the weather", nobody has died in the pool to my knowledge.

Graham
  #5   Report Post  
Old August 11th 18, 07:13 PM posted to uk.sci.weather
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by Weather-Banter: Jul 2010
Posts: 741
Default A long time since its been like this

On Saturday, 11 August 2018 19:04:01 UTC+1, Graham Easterling wrote:
SNIP
The JUbilee Pool closed die to the weather this afternoon

"due to the weather", nobody has died in the pool to my knowledge.

Graham


I do hope the summer isn't over, it's too early. Some promising charts in the models, but will have to see.

Keith (Southend)


  #6   Report Post  
Old August 11th 18, 09:38 PM posted to uk.sci.weather
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by Weather-Banter: Apr 2017
Posts: 58
Default A long time since its been like this

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 7:02:16 PM UTC+1, Graham Easterling wrote:
On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 5:43:20 PM UTC+1, Keith Harris wrote:
On Saturday, 11 August 2018 17:14:50 UTC+1, Graham Easterling wrote:
http://www.thewheelhousescilly.co.uk/beachcam

Everybody on Scilly will be in the pub!

Graham
Penzance Spells of quite heavy rain & dizzle - I rather liked the lawn brown.


It does look grim...

Keith (Southend)


I would say the worst day of the Summer, it's come as rather a shock. The JUbilee Pool closed die to the weather this afternoon, the first time the weather has caused it to close since it opened in May. I stronglt suspect the Minack Theatre will have it's first weather cancellation of the year. Mind you Scilly desperately needs the rain, and they are certainly getting it.. As is Penzance.

It all means the grass will be green for Len.

Graham
Penzance


Thanks Graham. I knew I could rely on you.
4.3 mm here yesterday.
7.3 mm here today.
It's been grim for the holiday makers and pity the poor brides.

This time last week I was sweltering in the Chilterns.
Even had to sleep bare back.
Now I know what they mean by a bit sticky for sleeping.

Len
Wembury, SW Devon


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Been a long time since I saw this James Brown uk.sci.weather (UK Weather) 0 January 23rd 12 04:11 PM
It's been a long long time Graham Easterling[_3_] uk.sci.weather (UK Weather) 1 January 30th 11 08:40 PM
The Earth Has In Fact Been Cooling and the German Army has Never Been Defeated DeadFrog sci.geo.meteorology (Meteorology) 1 January 21st 09 08:44 AM
Its been a lovely day so far.. Phil Layton uk.sci.weather (UK Weather) 3 June 19th 04 07:26 PM
Sunday's 12Z temps: how long since it's been this low in October? Nigel Morgan uk.sci.weather (UK Weather) 4 October 7th 03 08:09 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 Weather Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Weather"

 

Copyright © 2017