uk.sci.weather (UK Weather) (uk.sci.weather) For the discussion of daily weather events, chiefly affecting the UK and adjacent parts of Europe, both past and predicted. The discussion is open to all, but contributions on a practical scientific level are encouraged.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #121   Report Post  
Old June 12th 19, 01:54 PM posted to uk.sci.weather
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by Weather-Banter: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,481
Default [CC] Global Sea Ice at record low

On 11/06/2019 15:43, N_Cook wrote:
On 10/06/2019 21:43, N_Cook wrote:
El Nino sea-area 3.4 , pixelcounting for NOAA output 10 June I make +0.91



I wonder if the total has plateaued for the year, no more increase until
perhaps the NH autumn.
Back to over 3/4 million , for any 10 June of the satellite era, deficit
of 778,000 sq km
https://sites.google.com/site/arctischepinguin/home/sea-ice-extent-area/grf/nsidc_global_extent_byyear_b.png


For any 11 June, deficit increased to 806,000 sq km

  #122   Report Post  
Old June 15th 19, 12:40 PM posted to uk.sci.weather
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by Weather-Banter: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,481
Default [CC] Global Sea Ice at record low

On 12/06/2019 14:54, N_Cook wrote:
On 11/06/2019 15:43, N_Cook wrote:
On 10/06/2019 21:43, N_Cook wrote:
El Nino sea-area 3.4 , pixelcounting for NOAA output 10 June I make
+0.91



I wonder if the total has plateaued for the year, no more increase until
perhaps the NH autumn.
Back to over 3/4 million , for any 10 June of the satellite era, deficit
of 778,000 sq km
https://sites.google.com/site/arctischepinguin/home/sea-ice-extent-area/grf/nsidc_global_extent_byyear_b.png



For any 11 June, deficit increased to 806,000 sq km


Deficit continues dropping, for 14 June 2019 519,000 sq km.
Despite half-hearted El Nino , spot evaluation holing at 0.91 and this
story from Greenland
https://earther.gizmodo.com/half-of-greenlands-surface-started-melting-this-week-w-1835483363
  #123   Report Post  
Old June 15th 19, 05:15 PM posted to uk.sci.weather
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by Weather-Banter: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,592
Default [CC] Global Sea Ice at record low

On Saturday, 15 June 2019 13:40:11 UTC+1, N_Cook wrote:
On 12/06/2019 14:54, N_Cook wrote:
On 11/06/2019 15:43, N_Cook wrote:
On 10/06/2019 21:43, N_Cook wrote:
El Nino sea-area 3.4 , pixelcounting for NOAA output 10 June I make
+0.91



I wonder if the total has plateaued for the year, no more increase until
perhaps the NH autumn.
Back to over 3/4 million , for any 10 June of the satellite era, deficit
of 778,000 sq km
https://sites.google.com/site/arctischepinguin/home/sea-ice-extent-area/grf/nsidc_global_extent_byyear_b.png



For any 11 June, deficit increased to 806,000 sq km


Deficit continues dropping, for 14 June 2019 519,000 sq km.
Despite half-hearted El Nino , spot evaluation holing at 0.91 and this
story from Greenland
https://earther.gizmodo.com/half-of-greenlands-surface-started-melting-this-week-w-1835483363


What on earth does half of Greenland's surface started melting this week mean?
The ice sheet I take it?
But what part of it?
It seems to be a nebulous statement as where has the water gone and how much of it has gone?

Has some wag actually measured the overall height of the ice above land level?
Is the demigod's name Mann perchance?
Or Jones?
And if so why would anyone believe either?

June monsoon: 1 to 21 June with a 77% chance of peakig at about 16 June which if correct would give the UK a brillant hay harvest if the standing crop has a few dry days enough to give it a chance to avoid mould.
https://www.progressiveforage.com/fo...ful-mycotoxins
  #124   Report Post  
Old June 15th 19, 09:23 PM posted to uk.sci.weather
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by Weather-Banter: Jun 2019
Posts: 3
Default [CC] Global Sea Ice at record low

On Saturday, 15 June 2019 18:15:37 UTC+1, Weatherlawyer wrote:
On Saturday, 15 June 2019 13:40:11 UTC+1, N_Cook wrote:
On 12/06/2019 14:54, N_Cook wrote:
On 11/06/2019 15:43, N_Cook wrote:
On 10/06/2019 21:43, N_Cook wrote:
El Nino sea-area 3.4 , pixelcounting for NOAA output 10 June I make
+0.91



I wonder if the total has plateaued for the year, no more increase until
perhaps the NH autumn.
Back to over 3/4 million , for any 10 June of the satellite era, deficit
of 778,000 sq km
https://sites.google.com/site/arctischepinguin/home/sea-ice-extent-area/grf/nsidc_global_extent_byyear_b.png



For any 11 June, deficit increased to 806,000 sq km


Deficit continues dropping, for 14 June 2019 519,000 sq km.
Despite half-hearted El Nino , spot evaluation holing at 0.91 and this
story from Greenland
https://earther.gizmodo.com/half-of-greenlands-surface-started-melting-this-week-w-1835483363


What on earth does half of Greenland's surface started melting this week mean?
The ice sheet I take it?
But what part of it?
It seems to be a nebulous statement as where has the water gone and how much of it has gone?


Greenland is covered in an ice sheet so when it says half the surface has melted it means the surface of the ice sheet. There are some graphics he
https://nsidc.org/greenland-today/
  #125   Report Post  
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM posted to uk.sci.weather
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by Weather-Banter: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,481
Default [CC] Global Sea Ice at record low

Greenland is covered in an ice sheet so when it says half the surface has melted it means the surface of the ice sheet. There are some graphics he
https://nsidc.org/greenland-today/


What only half has melted?
https://www.sciencealert.com/greenland-was-40-degrees-hotter-than-normal-this-week-and-things-are-getting-intense

Fahrenheit that is ( Washington Post)

Global sea-ice deficit for 15 Jun 2019 increased to 535,000 sq km



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[CC] February continues streak of record low Arctic sea ice extent Graham P Davis uk.sci.weather (UK Weather) 2 March 4th 16 04:12 PM
Massive Decline in Antarctic Sea Ice. Combined global Sea Ice hasDropped Significantly as Well. Lawrence Jenkins uk.sci.weather (UK Weather) 0 August 19th 15 08:11 PM
Arctic sea ice predictions for the summer ice low 2015. Dawlish uk.sci.weather (UK Weather) 4 August 13th 15 07:52 PM
Arctic sea ice at record low for July Graham P Davis uk.sci.weather (UK Weather) 0 August 3rd 11 05:41 PM
Arctic Sea Ice Reached Record Low This Winter lindelof sci.geo.meteorology (Meteorology) 0 July 31st 09 10:31 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 Weather Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Weather"

 

Copyright © 2017