uk.sci.weather (UK Weather) (uk.sci.weather) For the discussion of daily weather events, chiefly affecting the UK and adjacent parts of Europe, both past and predicted. The discussion is open to all, but contributions on a practical scientific level are encouraged.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old January 12th 18, 07:55 PM posted to uk.sci.weather
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by Weather-Banter: May 2010
Posts: 4,662
Default Gloomy Brussels: just 13 hours 54 minutes winter sunshine so far !

Today (12th January) has been the 7th sunless day in succession in Brussels, and there has been only 11 minutes sunshine in the last 10 days.

January sunshine so far: 3 hours 23 minutes, after 10 hours 31 minutes in the whole of December.

So just 13 hours 54 minutes sunshine in the last 43 days: can this be a record ?!

Colin Youngs
Brussels

  #2   Report Post  
Old January 13th 18, 12:36 PM posted to uk.sci.weather
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by Weather-Banter: Mar 2015
Posts: 685
Default Gloomy Brussels: just 13 hours 54 minutes winter sunshine so far!

On 12/01/2018 20:55, Colin Youngs wrote:
Today (12th January) has been the 7th sunless day in succession in Brussels, and there has been only 11 minutes sunshine in the last 10 days.

January sunshine so far: 3 hours 23 minutes, after 10 hours 31 minutes in the whole of December.

So just 13 hours 54 minutes sunshine in the last 43 days: can this be a record ?!


Blimey Colin.

And there was me bemoaning the two consecutively dull days we had here
earlier this week. Thankfully they were then following by two sunny days.

January sunshine now up to 40.3 hours, winter sunshine total at 132 hours.

May the sun shine for you soon!

--
Nick Gardner
Otter Valley, Devon
20 m amsl
http://www.ottervalleyweather.me.uk
  #3   Report Post  
Old January 13th 18, 12:43 PM posted to uk.sci.weather
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by Weather-Banter: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,921
Default Gloomy Brussels: just 13 hours 54 minutes winter sunshine sofar !

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 13:36:57 +0000
Nick Gardner wrote:

On 12/01/2018 20:55, Colin Youngs wrote:
Today (12th January) has been the 7th sunless day in succession in
Brussels, and there has been only 11 minutes sunshine in the last 10 days.

January sunshine so far: 3 hours 23 minutes, after 10 hours 31 minutes in
the whole of December.

So just 13 hours 54 minutes sunshine in the last 43 days: can this be a
record ?!


Blimey Colin.

And there was me bemoaning the two consecutively dull days we had here
earlier this week. Thankfully they were then following by two sunny days.

January sunshine now up to 40.3 hours, winter sunshine total at 132 hours.

May the sun shine for you soon!


I doubt it.
  #4   Report Post  
Old January 14th 18, 07:51 AM posted to uk.sci.weather
Col Col is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by Weather-Banter: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,325
Default Gloomy Brussels: just 13 hours 54 minutes winter sunshine so far!

On 13/01/2018 13:43, Will Hand wrote:
On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 13:36:57 +0000
Nick Gardner wrote:

On 12/01/2018 20:55, Colin Youngs wrote:
Today (12th January) has been the 7th sunless day in succession in
Brussels, and there has been only 11 minutes sunshine in the last 10 days.

January sunshine so far: 3 hours 23 minutes, after 10 hours 31 minutes in
the whole of December.

So just 13 hours 54 minutes sunshine in the last 43 days: can this be a
record ?!


Blimey Colin.

And there was me bemoaning the two consecutively dull days we had here
earlier this week. Thankfully they were then following by two sunny days.

January sunshine now up to 40.3 hours, winter sunshine total at 132 hours.

May the sun shine for you soon!


I doubt it.

But surely by Tuesday Brussels will be in the showery NW regime like the
rest of us?

--
Col

Bolton, Lancashire
160m asl
Snow videos:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3QvmL4UWBmHFMKWiwYm_gg
  #5   Report Post  
Old January 14th 18, 08:58 PM posted to uk.sci.weather
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by Weather-Banter: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,087
Default Gloomy Brussels: just 13 hours 54 minutes winter sunshine so far !

Equally grim here. The only time we've seen the sun was yesterday morning for a couple of hours, though it has cleared at dusk on a couple of occasions this week so we saw some stars!
At least the rain has eased off and it's been reasonably dry, but the next week should push as above 300 mm's for the second month in a row.
Very mild by night for the time of year.

DM. 740m. La Moratille. Correze. France.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
West Cornwall. 200 hours of sunshine so far. Graham Easterling[_3_] uk.sci.weather (UK Weather) 7 June 24th 14 09:47 PM
12 Hours (and 3 minutes) in Arizona 3 of 3 Edward Erbeck alt.binaries.pictures.weather (Weather Photos) 0 September 28th 08 11:44 AM
12 Hours (and 3 minutes) in Arizona 2 of 3 Edward Erbeck alt.binaries.pictures.weather (Weather Photos) 0 September 28th 08 11:34 AM
12 Hours (and 3 minutes) in Arizona 1 of 3 Edward Erbeck alt.binaries.pictures.weather (Weather Photos) 0 September 28th 08 11:26 AM
[WR] 5 minutes of Light Snow in Northallerton just now Nick uk.sci.weather (UK Weather) 4 April 8th 05 05:15 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 Weather Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Weather"

 

Copyright © 2017